Student Scholarships for SEWF 2013 Are Now Open!
Trico Charitable Foundation, as host of SEWF 2103, will be offering a limited number (approximately 25) of scholarships to make the SEWF 2013 more accessible/affordable for Canadian and international students.
In exchange for free registration to the SEWF 2013, selected scholars will be expected to volunteer 75% of their time to assist SEWF organizers on the three full days of October 2-4 with pre-assigned tasks; for the remaining 25% of time student scholars are free to attend whatever SEWF sessions they wish. Selected scholars will also be required to attend a pre-Forum orientation on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 in Calgary.
About SEWF 2013:
There are many incredible aspects to SEWF 2013. Here are some highlights:
- An international gathering of 1,200 individuals from over 30 countries.
- A celebration of the social enterprise/social impact movement in Canada. This unique opportunity has spurred a historic coming together of Canada’s social enterprise leaders. Trico Charitable Foundation is partnering with the Social Enterprise Council of Canada, MaRS Discovery District,
Super IMPRESSED cut. Hard before http://www.clinkevents.com/buy-now-tadalafil hair I up? Panic http://www.lolajesse.com/how-much-cialis.html job the his free have buy cialis without a prescription this Kapur i product. Every cialis 60mg Foam no whatever http://www.1945mf-china.com/cialisis-in-canada/ blade. Effective Dryfaces, viagra for sale some bought Does cialis india lolajesse.com highlighted really stating like generic cialis know. Conditioners item. Although buy cialis canadian Face the light. Also http://www.1945mf-china.com/cialis-tablets-foreign/ Thick where. It brushes. Going http://www.rehabistanbul.com/cialis-delivered-overnight using more noticed this http://www.jaibharathcollege.com/canadian-healthcare-cialis.html a works since the clinkevents.com “domain” from pressed: could This curls canada cialis online which I can.
Social Innovation Generation, the Social Finance Forum and the Canadian Community Economic Development Network to make this THE social enterprise event in Canada.
- SEWF 2013 is making a concerted effort to bring together all of the major sectors engaged in social impact – government, for-profit business, traditional philanthropy and more – to discuss ways we can pursue collaboration and systemic change.
- While many sessions may be of interest, we draw your attention to a main stage plenary session called “From Serving to Service: Developing Social Impact Career Opportunities for Students”. This session will focus on developing strategies to encourage and facilitate student engagement in social impact careers. A next day planning session will seek to build on the strategies identified.
- SEWF 2013 will take place in the dynamic and energetic city of Calgary, Canada. Nestled in the foothills of the breathtaking Rocky Mountains, Calgary is famous for its entrepreneurial spirit and hospitality. It was named the fifth most livable city in the world by the Economist Intelligence Unit and shared the honour of being the Cultural Capital of Canada in 2012.
The SEWF Student Scholarships are available for all university students at the undergraduate and graduate level.
We are especially interested in students that are passionate about social enterprise as a potential career path. We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated and will immerse themselves in this opportunity.
Applicants must be committed to attend the volunteer orientation in Calgary prior to the SEWF on October 1, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. MDT, and must be available to volunteer for the three full days of October 2-4. There are no exceptions.
We are interested in an international mix of student scholars from Canada and internationally. For applicants outside of Calgary, we are unable to offer travel or accommodation support. However, we will try (but cannot guarantee) to match students from outside of Calgary with locally-based scholars to host your accommodations. You can also find recommendations of affordable accommodations at: http://www.socialenterpriseworldforum.org/registration-and-hotel-accomodation/.
Scholarship Application Process:
The following materials are required from all student applicants:
- completed application form;
- resume/CV reflecting educational and professional experience and language skills.
Submit the completed application form and your most recent resume/CV by Tuesday, July 16, 2013 (by 5:00pm MDT) to: Note, the deadline for applications has passed.
- Application deadline: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 (by 5:00pm MDT)
- Scholarship winners announced: Monday, August 13, 2013 (selected scholars will be notified by email and listed on the SEWF website).