Perks Added to $20,000 Pitch Contest (More Profile & Expertise)
As the date for SEWF 2013 approaches, more and more organizations have come forward with ideas and offers to be part of the excitement. Many of those offers have related to the SEWF 2013 $20,000 Social Pitch Contest and we are pleased to announce a number of additional benefits.
- Each of the ten semi-finalists will receive a free membership to Pioneers Post, entitling them to unlimited content access as well as the ability to upload their news stories and pitches.
- Each of the ten semi-finalists can write up their SEWF investment pitch, which Pioneers Post and SEWF 2013 will publish pre-event.
- The four finalists will be video interviewed by Tim West, founder of Good Deals, and those interviews will be posted on the SEWF 2013 website and Pioneers Post.
- The four finalists will be interviewed and profiled, post SEWF 2013, on socialfiance.ca.
- The winner will have a Skype session to get input and advice from three experts from the Global Entrepreneur Programme team. These internationally successful entrepreneurs offer their insight and experience to help early stage companies accelerate growth.
That is on top of the original benefits:
- Each of the ten semi-finalists will be profiled on SEWF 2013.
- Each of the ten semi-finalists will get the benefit of a pitch mini-boot-camp on October 2, 2013.
- The winner receives $20,000 CDN.
Given these new benefits, we are extending the application deadline to August 27, 2013.
Dan Overall, Executive Director
“I am a big believer in the saying ‘Celebrate what you want to see more of.’ We need to make those dedicated to social impact the rockstars of the 21st Century – not for their sake, but for ours. The perks added by Pioneers Post, SocialFinance.ca and the Global Entrepreneur Programme are one small, but valued step, towards making that goal a reality.”
Pioneers Post is an ambitious new web newspaper and learning platform for everyone doing brilliant business to drive positive social change – across sectors, silos and geographies.
Reaching tens of thousands of readers and viewers every month through our website, e-newsletter, TV and social media channels, we offer news, views, advice and inspiration from the brilliant innovators, entrepreneurs, investors and thought-leaders from across the social innovation space.
Pioneers Post builds on a decade of specialist reporting and knowledge, and many thousands of articles and videos, through its predecessors Social Enterprise magazine and SocialEnterpriseLive.com.
Every Pioneers Post member also automatically becomes a social investor – not only because we are structured as a social business so our profits go towards building better products and services – but also because a proportion of all subscriptions goes into social investment.
SocialFinance.ca is the leading online community hub for social finance and impact investing in Canada, and one of the most respected information sources globally in the field. SocialFinance.ca has over 200 writers from across Canada and has a strong Canadian and global audience, regularly receiving over 16,000 pageviews/ month. As one of the flagship strategic initiatives of the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing, SocialFinance.ca is uniquely positioned as a space for discussion that reaches private, public and voluntary sector audiences.
Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP)
The GEP assists entrepreneurs and early stage technology companies from all over the world to globalise their businesses from a UK hub, introducing these start-ups to key networks.
The GEP Team consists of a network of internationally successful entrepreneurs (known as “Dealmakers”), who offer their insight, trusted networks and experience to help our client companies accelerate into global markets from a UK headquarters.
Although active globally, the GEP has dealmakers in the UK, North America, India, Israel, Europe and Australia, sourcing and filtering exceptional deal flow from all types of technology sectors. The GEP maintains a borderless perspective in the way it works with its clients, connecting them to key networks in the UK and internationally.
The strategic advice provided to our clients seeks to de-risk potential investments for the investment community, all of which has helped GEP pioneer global entrepreneurship and highlight significant growth opportunities in the world’s entrepreneurial ecosystems. By focusing on strategic advice and providing business and financial contacts, the Dealmakers add value to the GEP client companies.
A key to the success of any business is the strength of its management team and as part of our work; we have also facilitated the introduction of over 50 highly skilled individuals who have gone on to take up board or advisory roles with our client businesses.