Partnership Gives Attendees More Chances To Collaborate, Ideate & Record
SEWF 2013 is partnering with Conscious Brands, a Calgary social enterprise, to host the "Collaboratorium", a dedicated place for SEWF speakers and participants alike to further create CONNECTION of people, ideas and learning.
“This partnership interweaves three key aspects of SEWF 2013: it is one more step in our efforts to empower and honour the wisdom of our attendees; it will enable us to harvest those ideas so they serve the social enterprise movement past SEWF 2013; and it embraces the basic humility that, try as we might, our 36 breakout sessions and 140 speakers are going to miss issues that should be talked about. We are excited to create these resources that are there for attendees when they need them and we are thrilled to be working with Calgary’s own Conscious Brands to make it happen.”
The Collaboratorium will be open during the bulk of SEWF 2013 (5 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. October 2, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. October 3 and 4) and will be filled with tables and chairs, flip chart paper, a meeting matrix, a storyboard, a message board and more creative possibilities. Here are some ways to fully realize the value:
- After viewing the speaker schedule, ponder what else you might like to talk about and visit the Collaboratorium to propose that topic. Pop-by the Collaboratorium throughout SEWF to see what conversations have been proposed that you might like to join,
- Share your AHA! moments in one place with all SEWF participants,
- Visit the Collaboratorium after a really engaging speaker to continue the conversation,
- Post up photos, draw pictures, etc. on a co-created SEWF storyboard. Attendees can cut from magazines, draw pictures, etc. on a large paper to express what they believe were the important parts of the conference.
- Join Conscious Brands in an after-hours WorldCafe session to dialogue around integrating learning of the day.
"Being in the social enterprise movement for several years and inspired by initiatives across the world, I'm thrilled and so proud that SEWF is coming to our hometown of Calgary. It's a rich opportunity to learn from the best and explore even more deeply Conscious Brands' purpose of Activating Sustainability and core values of ‘how you do anything is how you do everything,’ and ‘if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go further, go together.’ We look forward to learning with you in the Collaboratorium."
More About Conscious Brands:
Conscious Brands has been enacting their core purpose of Activating Sustainability since 2006. As a boutique sustainability firm they engage in projects that foster strategic action and collaborative learning towards sustainability. Key service offerings include: Strategic-planning, Sustainability Action Planning, BCorp certification support and Spiral Table (an Executive Leadership co-Development program).
Conscious Brands’ vision is to support 1,000 brands transition from the old economy to the new economy by 2020. In doing so, they strongly believe in and exemplify their values of “how you do anything is how you do everything,” and “if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go further, go together.”
For more information on Conscious Brands check out their LinkedIN Company page, Facebook Page, Twitter (@consciousbrands) and/or website (www.consciousbrands.com)!